Sunday, June 14, 2009

All Aboard...The Cornhole Express!

I never thought I'd be blogging about Cornhole. The first time I heard the game, that I knew as Bags or Bean Bags, called Cornhole I thought to myself, "Really? Cornhole? Really? What kind of name is that?" I swore to myself I'd never become one of those people that normally called it Cornhole...Well, here we are. I've been bit by the Cornhole bug and now I'm blogging about non other than the great Cornhole.

The first time I played "Bean Bags" was in high school at a friend's party. Like many people, it was love at first toss. I totally sucked it up because of my lack of experience, but I was having a blast. It didn't stop there. College brought a whole other level of Cornhole playing. The Saturday morning ritual of Bags, Beer, and Football!!! Nothing like it. I guess it was during those college years that I let the word Cornhole slip into my vocabulary. I'd catch myself every now and then before I finally said, "To hell with it." Cornhole is here to stay.

After making my own set of Cornhole Boards and using them for tailgating season and even in the backyard during family BBQs, I have deciding to plunge into blogging and follow Cornhole a little more. We'll see how it goes. Maybe it's just me looking forward to the upcoming college football season, or maybe it's just my undeniable love for the occasional game of Cornhole. Either way I've decided to jump on the Cornhole Express and take a ride. How bout you?

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if you allow links posted, but as soon as your blog popped up, a song about cornhole-ing jumped into my head. If you youtube "cornhole rhett link" if will show up. That song was my first exposure to cornhole-ing, but now that I've read some of the rules here, I understand it better.

    ReplyDelete